LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Copy Cats!

My kids just love to copy what me / hubby do. This post is to remind me of the same!

My 15 mth old daughter watches me w/o a blink of an eyelid when I am dressing up. She tries and imitates me thus.

1. Tho we’d just shaved her head, not only does she take my comb & comb her bald head but also wants to put my clip on her head!

2. She wants to apply cream on her head as she mistakes her head (actually her hair!!) for face!

3. She has seen me apply kajal with the kajal pencil & attempts the same by using a toothpick she found somewhere. This is damn dangerous….& thankfully I caught her on time.

4. She wants to wear my high heeled shoes & go out with my hand bag!

5. She also wants to drive my car (standing on the seat)

6. She wants to put my bindi (whenever I am wearing one). She tries to remove the same & thinking she is putting it on her forehead, keeps it on her (right) eye!

7. She loves my duppattas & scarves. When she feels like it, she wld snatch it from me in a jiffy & wear the same.

8. She even adores my jewellery! Esp the chains that she can easily remove from my neck, she insists on wearing it on her neck! And the earrings she wants to put them inside her tiny ear!

9. She attempts to remove my watch & wear the same but seldom succeeds to remove from my hand. However, if the watch is lying around loose, she tries to wear it on her hand.

10. She keeps her hand, calculator or anything that vaguely resembles a phone & keeps saying ‘alo, alo’.


These are the things my son copies us for:-

1. He wants to wear formal shirts to skool cos his dad wears them to work!
2. He imitates exactly the way his dad speaks on the phone in his imaginary conversation with his friends on his toy phone.
3. He wants to drink beer & other “drinks” cos dad drinks them. Have told him that dad is drinking medicine to cover up! Dunno how long he wld buy that!
4. He wants to explore his culinary skills by putting all the masalas (& any other ingredients) while I cook.
5. He wants to wear a belt for all his dresses cos dad wears it!
6. He loves Formula 1 & loves to see those car (& bike) races as dad is crazy about them.
7. He actually painted his nails (on the sly) when mom carelessly left behind her nail polish.
8. He almost wore mom’s lipstick! Thankfully mom came 2 the rescue right on time!
9. He wants to wear his dad’s shoes & socks! And sometimes even dad’s shirts which are way too huge on him!
10. He claims to be going for training / meetings or conferences whenever we are having one!

34 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Syam said…

    do they have their own blogs? :-)

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said…

    OOOH..i want a little girl :) how cute is that!!

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Anusha said…

    nice update - you should do more of these! re: the bindi/lotion - isn't that too cute! I could totally visualize as I was reading, a similar copycat exists in my home!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger KK said…

    Lovely post!!!
    //4. He wants to explore his culinary skills by putting all the masalas (& any other ingredients) while I cook.//
    Your son is the savior for your husband :D He wants his dad to have some good food :D (Jus Kidding)

    //9. He wants to wear his dad’s shoes & socks! And sometimes even dad’s shirts which are way too huge on him!//
    I have done this!!! :D

    //2. She wants to apply cream on her head as she mistakes her head (actually her hair!!) for face!//
    LOL!!! :D cute!!! :D

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger ishipishi said…

    back here after ages and this was an interesting read:)...all kids are like this na...my son here's always upto sum mischief or the other!! :) and then i realize that hey he's just tryin to do things the way we do! hmmm!!...!!

    and i hope all else is well wid u?:) m just happy my connection issues are ok now and i can get arnd blogs again:)...!

    tc:)...be back again laterzz!!:)

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kids are great....:))
    shrawan

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger Fuzzylogic said…

    Aww..so cute!they are really so observant little sponges,soaking up everything we do:)

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Harish said…

    Wow...record these in a handicam. These are moments to be cherished forever.
    "He imitates exactly the way his dad speaks on the phone"
    My relative once imitated the way i used to do it as a 2 yr old. quite cute :-)

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Sree said…

    that is quite an amusing task to keep themselves occupied.. just keep them recorded.. the kids just seem to pass this stage very fast

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Hip Grandma said…

    There is a popular tamil saying that one has to be done with dressing up before the daughter arrives and finish eating to one's heart's content.well DIL's arrival is a long wait but your daughter seems to live up to the proverb.good luck to you you have to deal with a smart kid.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Vishnu said…

    kids always kids... i miss my neice.....


    Hugs and kisses to the kids


    Cheers
    :)

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :-) I can easily imagine them copying, I have a copycat too :-)

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Keshi said…

    **her bald head but also wants to put my clip on her head!


    LOL so cute!


    Keshi.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Shanthi said…

    My niece the other day took her mom's new white hair band... opened the compact powder case... swiped the hair band on it and patted it on her face... i ran to my anni and called and her showed and she said - i never use this compact powder and i really donno how she knows to do these things ! Engadhaan indha pulla idhai kathukucho therila :D

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Princess said…

    parents are kids role model....

    So nice to read their cute behavior.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Artnavy said…

    how cute!!
    bald head with cream- LOL

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    H2bee: Sweet kids indeed:)

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Arunkumar said…

    wow
    very very cute :)

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger starry said…

    They are so cute at this age.copying everything.reminds me of my kids when they were young.

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Sree said…

    you have been tagged, please take it up

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Pritika Gupta said…

    wow too cute.. only thing is u have to be very careful like tht kajal incident...

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger di.di said…

    that's so cute!! cant wait for may to come... i'll get a new nephew by then.. :P

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awwwww, that is so cute! i was like that too, i loved dupattas n scarves and would alyways pull out moms sarees.. my cousin too, only shes heavily influenced by karan johars heroines.. so she needs a table fan in her direction for the dupatta flying in the wind effect.. kids are just adorable! :)

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooh! they are lovable copy cats :)

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so cute!!!
    im so fond of my nephew that everynight i use to see him in my dreams shouting Masi -Masi..ur post just remind me of him..
    take care..

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Ankit said…

    nice observations u made.
    We all copy our parents at sm point of time or other

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So cute- he going to conference & she wearing jewelry. Do nature make women like this- universal liking for jewels and clothes & shoes & make-up?
    my kids also used to rub their hair whenever we applied cream on our face or whenever we applied shampoo to their hair. Nowadays they have learnt to rub their face when I apply cream and I make it a point to apply some cream in dots on their face too.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Thenraj said…

    I suddenly feel like getting married today and get a child tomorrow..:-D. Child's play is nice to watch and very nice to share..Good kids buddy.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger mommyof2 said…

    so cute:-)

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Sreejith Panickar said…

    Hey, how are you doing???

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Vidya said…

    That is funny ! So can I expect a blog from your daughter?

    Vidya

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Ganesh Ranganathan said…

    sooooo cute...

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger prithz said…

    superrrrrrrr cute :D kids are so much fun!!!!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So cute!! I just love reading bout ur kids!!! but the toothpick thing's really dangerous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home