LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

What to dream about?

As a school going girl, I dreamt of being a career woman. But what career to choose? What do I do? Science or Commerce? Tho' initially I dreamt of becoming a Doctor, I decided that Accounting would be a better profession. So I started looking forward to do my CA......

I started taking my CA course & I was dreaming of becoming one soon. Will I make it or not? I was looking forward for my qualification..........

Once I got my qualification I was looking forward to work in a good multinational organisation......

God's grace I made it. Then I started dreaming about my life partner........

God's grace again & it clicked. Then as per the usual way of life I was looking forward to become a mom..........When will I get my baby?

I was blessed with a smart & loving son. But I wanted a daughter as well....desparately! And again, I was dreaming & wishing for a daughter...........Will I get one?

God being very kind to me, gave me a cute daughter as well, just a few months ago.

Most of the phases of my life I would say are complete.

But now what is there to dream about??? Ya I know I can seek for better career advancement or some materialistic things......but I am looking for something more......something else....dunno what tho......As a parent I do look forward to many things from my children......but that's from my children....nothing personal. Looks like there are no more thrills and suspense in my life from now on? (I am referring only to the pleasant ones).

What is there to look forward to in life after this stage? Does my "wishlist" end here? I wonder how it is for others.

11 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Your wishlist ends when you allow it to.

    At 47 I started a new business, and now make around 70 K a year.

    Once I had the business off the ground, I took a look at myself. About a year and a half ago, I was over weight and out of shape, so I started running. My wish was to log a thousand miles in a year. I did it in just over nine months. Then I hired a trainer to teach me to lift weight. Boy have I gotten strong!

    Tomorrow I fly to New York to join thousands of other women for the MORE marathon in Central Park. I am running the half-marathon (13.1 miles) with my adult daughter.

    Next I will tackel the full blown marathon. (By age 50) After that..... Who knows?

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Princess said…

    All of your dreams have come true. You are so lucky. May your further dreams too become reality. You are really blessed. There are more things in life that we may concentrate like the hobbies towards which we could not spend much time because of our job or education.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a valuable comment.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Musawwir said…

    Is it not interesting to note that all of the things that we think will satisfy us come from out side. With the exception of creating children except that then they too are outside. It would seem that we are trained to think that all things that will satisfy us have to come from somewhere else. It would seem then that if this is never quite enough, perhaps we are looking in the wrong direction.
    Love your blog.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Patty -
    Wow! Impressive. Thanks for the tip, pal. Goodluck for ur marathon. True, fully agree that wishlist ends when u want. I guess I just gotta look further & move on.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Aiz...Thanx 4 ur wishes. Yes I wud love to spend more time on my hobbies (art especially) but with my 2 kids I seldom make it. Maybe a couple of years down the line, once they are slightly older, hope to make it. Thanx 4 ur suggestion.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Musawwir...Thanks for passing by and dropping ur comment.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger KC! said…

    yeah, I know that if things were granted when you wish for them, then you fall short of ideas..neenga venumna yaaravadhu politician-a pottu thallanum-nu wish panni parungalen..if it works out it would be good for the country as well as interesting for your life ;)

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Hey usha....sounds good! But politics is just not my cup of tea!Me no good @ that! BTW, not that all of my wishes are granted.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Me too said…

    Wow! That's nice to hear someone happy & satisfied with life!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger smiley said…

    I never stop dreaming :)

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Me too - Thanx....but I dont want 2 stop dreaming!

    Smiley - Way 2 go!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home