LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Miss these

I am gonna be missing these from next month -

1. Luxury of an inhouse maid (Gladys) -
Gladys stays in the servants quarters outside my house but within the same compound. She is my maid cum nanny. She keeps my house clean & also takes care of kids while I am @ work. She is supported by another maid who washes the clothes, irons them, cleans the yard, does the dishes, waters the garden & cleans my car. Glayds is there @ my beck & call whenever I need her for any help. She is quite good with kids & my daughter just adores her. We are gonna be missing her a lot.

2. My Gym instructor - Ross
He is one helluva of guy! He is around 50+ but so physically fit. His classes are so much fun. I try my level best never to miss his classes. He has a big fan club & makes hi impact aerobics soooooooooo interesting. He has helped me shed those extra calories after my 1st delivery. Now Im in the process but not yet reached there. Im gonna miss his work out.

3. My office room -
It is the best room one can ask for! I spend most of my time during the day here. It is huge, well ventilated, decorated with some plants & paintings. And it is almost the size of my bosses' room! And there have been many jealous colleagues as I have a this wonderful room just for myself! Whilst it offers me privacy, it also gives me a good view of what is happening outside the office & what my assts are up to!!! :D

4. My car -
I luv my 4X4 ......Toyota Rav 4. I enjoy its height, size, sun roof etc. It was such pleasure to drive it esp during my pregnancy where I had a huge huge tummy (due to water retention).

5. Being a compere -
I have hosted many cultural shows here & have a big fan club! Infact some friends even address me as "The official MC"! My shows include Diwali programs, Onam programs, fund raising programs & the latest was when I was the MC when Usha Uthup was here. Have also done some shows impromptu. I also got an offer from a professional troupe to be part of them.

6. Religious events -
I am part of a sahasranam group where we meet up all weekends & recite the same. I m also gonna miss the satsangs & other special events @ the temple. Satsangs have been so energetic & lively here.

7. Garden -
I have a huge garden in front of my house. It has a nice lawn & a nice kitchen garden in the backyard. Kids love this space to run, play & explore. They r really gonna miss it! And I will also miss the luxury of living in an independent house.

8. Winter -
Tho I used to hate winter initially, past 2 winters I have started to enjoy the same. However I still prefer summer but not the humidity.

9. Rooiboos -
This is herbal tea or bush tea. Not many like this but I just love it! I started drinking this during my pregnancy as this is supposed to be cafine free. Ever since I have been drinking only this & just love it! Ofcourse if its not avlb, I resort to the ordinary one.

10. Social life -
We have had a hectic social life here. Have enjoyed hosting the parties thoroughly & also being invited for the same. Sometimes weekends r much more hectic than the weekdays, due to our high social commitments. Have really enjoyed the same! :)

46 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Aditi said…

    ahh .. y will u be missing them?
    but some of those things are real nice..

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Priya said…

    H2bee: Wow you are a person with so many talents girl. Put a vidoe clip for us and we cna enjoy it too.

    I know how it feels when we change rooms. Damn coworkers.

    Missing you nanny can be tough but life goes on right.


    Why do u have to miss all these. Are you planning to relocate somewhere??

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger KK said…

    From your post seems like you are moving... Well moving is always painful because you will miss many things but once you get accustomed to the new place you will love that place too... Good luck!! :D

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger starry said…

    I guess you are relocating. Sorry you cannot take your Nanny, especially if she is good with the kids. By reading this post I don't think it will take you too long to start a new fan club and be on the social scene.I think you are going to shine no matter where you go.thats your personality.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Syam said…

    r u moving within the country or going back to India for good...

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger KK said…

    Stopped by to get my Halwa.... where is the halwa??? where... where.... where.... (Like Nagesh in thiruvilayadal) :D

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Anusha said…

    well obviously, I missed something!! sounds like you're moving?? and I thought you lived in singapore - but you talk of winter...? so please enlighten :)

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Ms Congeniality said…

    me having same doubt as syam :D

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looks like you are relocating too, selling car, are you moving coast to coast or to India ?

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Hip Grandma said…

    Life goes on with or without these luxuries.If you are coming back to india then forget Gladys.We don't get sincere domestic help any more

     
  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Me too said…

    You lose something to gain something! Swades?

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Vidya said…

    It looks as though you are relocating .. And you really are missing out on a lot of things that you have mentioned here in this post !! I am almost jealous ! :D

    I too am looking to relocate. I can relate to what you are saying !

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Ganesh Ranganathan said…

    how come you are gonna miss them from next month? Are you shifting?

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger geeth said…

    You moving somewhere?

    Your list is long.. hope you get used to it and find a good replacement to the things that you would miss ;)

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Shanthi said…

    so what next ? sure that its going to be gr8 than the presnt :D

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger di.di said…

    i wish you good luck in whatever endeavor you will be pursuing...

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    I would miss all those things too, but I think the maid most of all, especially since your little ones are not old enough to pick up after themselves much.

    Maybe all your party planning and social activities will be of use when you are back home.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said…

    Sad! But y???

    good 2 know u r a good comperee..And y dont u upload some of them here :) We wud b glad 2 c the glad2meeting's performance :)

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Fuzzylogic said…

    I guess I too missed out something?these all sound great and I'm assuming you are relocating.Nannies as good as you seems to have found are really a boon,too bad you can't take her with you!You sound like a active fun person,so I'm sure wherever you re you are going to have a blast!

     
  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger Keshi said…

    why where r u going?

    **Rooiboos

    never heard of em b4.

    Keshi.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Itchingtowrite said…

    hey where r u moving too? btw ho do u make the new post appear next to the links under blogs i frequent??

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Kalpana said…

    R u moving to a new place? Missing all these at once is painful. Getting adjusted is what for we humans are.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Itchingtowrite said…

    hey we must meet when u r here. just leave a comment on my blog when u settle down and then we shall meet up

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said…

    Hastobeme,
    Did I miss why you are going to miss these ?? Are you moving? if you are, I hope it is a smooth move for you and the kids. Hope you will continue to blog :)

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger kuttichuvaru said…

    well, same question..... u moving??

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Janani said…

    Engayo poreenga theriyuthu...

    Engu irundhalum ALL THE BEST and Have fun!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger How do we know said…

    was here, saw the best relocation notice ever, but methinks the name of the place u will be missing deserves due credit too!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey...are you moving somewhere??

    I hope u say, back to India! :)

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    Nice post and true....Are you moving outta Africa? SA maybe?

    Ranjani

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why r u nt replying. i dont understand why u rite words with misspolled wrds like "gonna, gonna, tho, avlb, r , gonna etc. i find that disgting.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger prithz said…

    Wish u get to enjoy all these things pretty soon...

    I miss my dad's car too! :(

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looks like you are moving, but where ??

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Hi all,
    Yup I am moving....getting back 2 India! :)

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    anon,
    Sorry that u r disgusted...& even more sorrier that u r gonna b more disgusted....cos unfortunately thats what is convienent 4 me!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Sreejith Panickar said…

    Missing a lotttttt??? :O:O

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Sreejith Panickar said…

    Welcome back!!!!!!!!!! :D

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Noodlehead said…

    gee, all the stuff you've mentioned sounds nice...was wondering if you'd listed them in the order ofimportance??

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Artnavy said…

    good- u will be back among family- closer to dear ones

    and yes u can get all those things - rather inidnised but so what...

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Pritika Gupta said…

    Well i think u r moving somewhere..
    one thing i agree with u is good nanny..

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger chitra said…

    Hi> where r u moving to? Are you coming back to India?

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    first time this website, i am too in US moving to India this year end. i am surprised you people say nanny is being missed : lol :
    moms need to be with kids during formative years of development, if you feel work is more important, well, i disagree 100%. Listen to http://www.drlaura.com show.
    I was an engineer working before my pregnancy, and decided to take care of kids for at least first 8 years at home. Fortunately my husband's salary can support our family.

    i know you will argue otherwise all moms who work, but come on..

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Coffee said…

    Moving to????? All the best!! :)

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Priyankari said…

    really really njoyed ur post! sad u'll be missing them...

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home