LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Attitude from the genes?

It is amazing how the genes get transmitted & how it reflects on the views & perceptions from the mother to the children. It is true but & yet untrue!

My son was playfully asking me – “How old will my sis be when I am 7 yrs old?” This question went on almost consecutively till he was 22 years old!!

And I responded to the last question that his sister will be 20 years old when he will be 22 & that I will be an old lady @ that time!!!!!!

And phew! Both my kids got upset on the fact that I will be an old lady! Infact my daughter even said that she will not be 20 years cos I will be old by then!!!! Both of them are very averse to me getting old or looking old or even the mere fact of old age being mentioned. It is probably (in my perception) cos they don’t like their mom to look old & maybe also cos they sub consciously relate to old age & death.

Now what amazes me here is heart of heart Im also not particularly fond of old age -meaning the thought of growing old is not so welcome! Wrinkled skin, grey hair, aches n pains, diseases.....! But yes, I know there is no escape from it & have been reconciling myself to accept the fact of life. And I must admit that I have been succeeding! However, these inner feelings / thots of mine have never been discussed with anyone including my kids!

And I was indeed amazed to see this reaction from them to my growing old! Is it from the genes?

However having said that I must also say that the contrary is true! My mom has never felt this way towards old age. Infact she is happy to have grown wiser with age & experience & also believes in ageing gracefully!

So don’t ask me how I got this view on ageing!!!

11 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger gils said…

    genea ilayanulam teriathu..but as a kid i wished to grow up fast so tht i can escape school :) now i wish i am back in school :)

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger gils said…

    ungaluku facebookla oru rekost utruken parungo :)

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Hip Grandma said…

    I had no problem with growing old.only thing I wanted to age gracefully.

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger KK said…

    Well I don't beleive its genes that is in play here... but I firmly beleive that I will surely be a few years younger than you even when you are old ;)

    On a serious note,

    //Wrinkled skin, grey hair, aches n pains, diseases.....!//

    For wrinkled skin you will have to grow really very old, atleast until 60 most people dont have much of wrinkled skin.

    Grey hair, doesn't come with old age... comes even sooner... I myself (youth... :P) started getting a few grey hairs here and there on my head.

    aches n pains, diseases can come anytime, so if you stay fit and feel young at heart you can lessen this to an extent

    So dont worry and wrinkle you forehead now :D

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger KK said…

    and... you can take up that tag whenever you want to... I know how difficult it is to comeback in a blog... so if at all you stuck with a post for long... you can use that tag to post something :D

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger SeePearrl said…

    yes..as Hip Grandma says...when one ages gracefully..there is no pain abt growing old! it juzt gets more beautiful with age..

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said…

    :) So sweet of both of them...I was hoping to see their photos...Just curious to see the cute ones...

    Even i didnt like this concept of ageing..I was told that i started crying and didnt tell any one what was exactly bothering me..and then finally i decided to let others know that i was bothered about every1 ageing :(

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Sreejith Kumar said…

    Hei... back here after a long time.. Hope all's well with you... :)

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous hemavati said…

    hope you have a grand golu.. why are you working now and not spending time with kids? I dont understand why girls keep working in this crazy world and dont focus on family.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous suresh said…

    Ennadi bloge kanum, ethavathu write pannendi. Onnoda stylu romba jor. Romba busiya, chennaiyil..

    onnoda nanban

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Send free SMS said…

    it is Chinese language ????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home