LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Beautiful love

I was touched by this. Good read.

This is a true story that happened in Japan.

In order to renovate the house, someone in Japan Breaks open the wall. Japanese houses normally have a hollow space between the wooden walls. When tearing down the walls, he found that there was a lizard stuck there because a nail from outside hammered into one of its feet. He sees this, feels pity, and at the same time curious, as when he checked the nail, it was nailed 10 years ago when the house was first built.

What happened?

The lizard has survived in such position for 10 years! In a dark wall partition for 10 years without moving, it is impossible and mind boggling. Then he wondered how this lizard survived for 10 years! without moving a single step--since its foot was nailed!

So he stopped his work and observed the lizard, what it has been doing, and what and how it has been eating. Later, not knowing from where it came, appears another lizard, with food in its mouth.

Ahh! He was stunned and touched deeply. For the lizard that was stuck by nail, another lizard has been feeding it for the past 10 years...

Such help! such a beautiful love! Such happened even with this tiny creature ... What can help do? It can do wonders!

Help can do miracles!

Imagine? it has been doing that untiringly for 10 long years, without
giving up hope on its partner. So true love.

Think, will u do that to your partner ?
Think that will you do it to your Mom,
Who brought you after a big struggle of TEN long months ?
Or at least to your Dad, Friends , Coworkers, Brothers & and Sisters ?

Imagine what a small creature can do that a creature blessed with a brilliant mind can't.

I heard this story and started wondering about relationships between family members, friends, coworkers, brothers, sisters etc.

As information and communication technology advances, our access to
information becomes faster and faster. But the distance between human
beings . . . is it getting closer as well?

How many of us actually care so much and are willing to do such things for our loved ones? I pray that God grants us all such a loving, generous and kind mind to help one another esp in times of need.

With such true love, life becomes absolutely beautiful. God bless.

26 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger prithz said…

    Wow!!! Such a wonderful love story behind such a creature.(Honestly, i hate lizards, scared to death)...

    It a wonderful feeling when the help u render someone really pays off. It shows ur love and care for the person. You would feel elated. I simply love that feeling!!! Who would not???

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger KK said…

    Wow! If this story was real, then those lizzards are my hero's. Nice story.
    But for your question if people are getting closer - I don't think so. I feel its just making people go far away from each other. Its just decreasing the bond between people.
    Those days phone was a big thing, so people used to visit each other often and they had more get-together's.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Syam said…

    Wasn't sure whether its a real story or not, but the moral behind it was really amazing, just can't think about it among human beings including me :-)

    BTW, I have another tamizh post along with english translation :-)

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Priya said…

    The care you have taken to write shows how much you love to share and must be a lovable person indeed.
    You must be good at writing kids stories:-))

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger starry said…

    Nice post. got me thinking. I dont know what I will do. I hope I will stay and help that person.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kuan Gung said…

    Great story...great compassion...

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Princess said…

    great..

    love & relationships never leave you alone and they do not betray you :)

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Oh my! Your post brought tears to my eyes, and while sitting with it, a full fledge cry, and an ache to my heart. Oh the possibilities if we would pratice loving that much.

    I plan on encouraging all of my readers (We know how popular my blog is.....NOT) to stop by and read this. It is heart changing stuff, that everyone could benefit from practicing just a wee bit. I plan to use it as my meditation for the next week. Thank you, thank you!

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger smiley said…

    wonderful story.... in real life i have seen people nurse their partners back to health after many years and have also seen people ditch them at the sight of trouble. well we have to learn from the lizards :)

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mukund said…

    the world would become a much better place to live, if all of us begin showing such compassion...wonderful story!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Ms Congeniality said…

    Recently I got this story as a forward.. its really beautiful :-)

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Mythreyee said…

    beautiful story indeed..

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said…

    Hey...Some interesting stuff u have related...Your question is so very valid...Are we bridging the gap with hi fi communication or are we making a bigger wall..Personally, I guess this communicate allows me to talk to my parent sin India for an hour (via voice chat) daily....If this brings a gap....As along as we know our priority regards to whom we need to communicate n not use communication as a hip thing but as a need , it is safe for me....Good thinking here!

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Blogger Anand said…

    wow!
    Beautiful story!!
    And yes gives us all something to think abt!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger geeth said…

    nice story.. Hmm, when will learn to be a little like them (at least)..

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Ekta said…

    wow!
    This is an awesome story...very very inspiring..guess we all cld learn some lessons from it!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Prithz,
    I also dont like lizards but then this story is truly touchy!

    KK,
    u r right....these days the personal touch is lacking cos of the communication advancement I suppose.

    Syam,
    Thank u vmuch 4 the translation....nice of u.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Priya,
    Thanks fr the compliment! I havent ventured into writing kiddies tales but then I come up with very imaginative stories fr my son cos he needs a variety!

    Starry,
    Thats a nice gesture indeed.

    Kuan Gung,
    yup.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Aiz,
    Thats the beauty of true love.

    Patty,
    Right if v can practice love so much that wld be bliss. Hope u meditated on the same.

    Smiley,
    Absolutely, v gotta learn so much from them......unconditional love esp.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Nishu,
    V r lucky indeed to be blessed with good hearts & good people beside us.

    Mukund,
    I reminded of the song heal the world....make it a better place for u & for me & the entire human race.....

    Ms Con
    Beautiful indeed.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Mythreyee,
    :) Welcome to my blog.

    Scriblez,
    Absolutely right....v need to check where & how & v also need to lessen the personal gap by choosing wisely.

    Anand,
    & What did u think abt? ;)

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Geetha,
    Its so easier to learn all the wrong things much faster....but the right things....? Less said the better!!

    Ekta,
    Ya v gotta learn the right things! :)

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice story. On an unrelated note, I read an article that ants have an internal system that somehow keeps track of now many the steps they have taken, and this helps them to reach home. New Scientist article on How Ants Find their home

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Butterflies said…

    This curtosy dosnt exist amidst human beings !See the love amidst these creatures!

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Shanthi said…

    blind acceptance and willingness to do anything for us comes only from our mom ?

    i wish we are blessed with more of such ppl and ya try to be so too : )

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger KC! said…

    avamana paduthareenga, naanga ellam panvom indha madhiri loved and dear ones-ku..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home