LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Blues

I am in my blues since yesterday.....frustrated, irritated, angered, depressed.......ya all the negativity in peak!

The day didn't start on a the right note. Tho I was up @ 4.45 I was running late.

Things @ work were pissing me off totally. Major arguements with boss (but boss is always 'supposed' to be right u c!). I just felt like saying to hell with ya. The irony is I've another good job offer in hand but can't accept it right now due to various other reasons & it was such a tough decision not to go for the other job tho it was kinda tempting.

Had to also deal with some irritating clients. They are just so ignorant but refuse to accept the same & trying to be so assertive to me, thinking that they are correct & refusing to budge from their stand. I wonder how they manage to do business! It took me a lot of patience, time & anger to explain the whole simple thing to her & guess what she burst into tears suddenly & I still dont understand why!

On the home front, my 3 yr old son throws his terrible tantrums for every little thing making me loose my cool. Refused to eat, wanted to go to his friends place, made his sister cry, wanted a new (toy) car, messed with food on the table.....phew!

Feeling mentally stressed, I wanted to go for the satsang (prayer/bhajan) (to get some mental peace) in the evening. I was able to leave office late but still thot I cud make it. Rushed everything & when we were just about to leave home after comforting my crying daughter, my son decides to do his poo in instalments! And it is not an easy task for him as he is constipated. By the time I finished with him it was quite late & I didnt want to go when the satsang wud nearly be finished. So we had to sit @ home. :(

And my son continues with his tantrums! I call to check on my husband to take charge but unfortunately he tells me he has to work very late to meet his deadline. Grrrr......Eventually I land up with a head ache.

And finally by the time I made the kids sleep & finish my work it was past 10 & then I had some time for myself. And all I cud do was to feel so helpless & just surrendered to God to help me.

And I remembered this email that I received yesterday morning.......

Ten Guidelines From God

Effective Immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need to
make in YOUR life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may
fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this
life. I apologize for any inconvenience, but after all that I am doing, this
seems very little to ask of you. Please, follow these 10 guidelines

1. QUIT WORRYING:
Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you
forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or
do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?

2. PUT IT ON THE LIST:
Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR
list. Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the
problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to Me. And although My
to-do-list is long, I am after all... God. I can take care of anything you
put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care
of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.

3. TRUST ME:
Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust
in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems
and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My list. Problem with
finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster ?
For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.

4. LEAVE IT ALONE:
Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I
think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger
now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I
also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I
give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started?
Leave them with Me and forget about them.. Just let Me do my job.

5. TALK TO ME:
I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy.
Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But
there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't forget to talk to
Me - OFTEN! I love YOU! I want to hear your voice. I want you to
include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk
about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation
with Me. I want to be your dearest friend.

6. HAVE FAITH:
I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are.
Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me; you wouldn't want the
view from My eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet
your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task
than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple
part. How hard can trust be?

7. SHARE:
You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you
forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate
than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your
laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your
tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those
who have none.

8. BE PATIENT:
I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse
experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs
many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of
people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it
takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle something on My
to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I
created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should
always rush, rush, rush.

9. BE KIND:
Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not
dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still
love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created each of you
different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical.
Please, know I love each of your differences.

10. LOVE YOURSELF:
As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me
for one reason only -- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of
Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My
heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You
are very precious to me. Don't ever forget......

Touch someone with your love.

Rather than focus upon the thorns of life, smell the roses and count your blessings.

45 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger starry said…

    Sorry you had a bad day, I remeber having days like that when my kids were little, trying to get everything done with just two hands,and my husband was always late at work.As they grow older it does get better in some ways.Stop, take a deep breath and do what u have to do. somethings can wait for tomorrow. I was like u, needed everything done at once and that made me frustrated.hope tomorrow is better.hang in there.

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Priya said…

    H2bee,

    It is always difficult to deal with few higher officials who always manage to get their job done no matter wat. Its their methodology coz they will be questioned by his/her officials too.
    When I was in a situation like u in office, I stood and listened till he finished all his stupid ideas and arguments. All I said was, with a smile" do you have anything more to say".
    He was flabbergasted and took notice of me how I handled the situation.
    I know "anger" makes a person too bad. Situations make our temper high and we need to resist with good humor and meditation.

    Hope you have a good weekend!!!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Starry,
    Yup....Im so glad u can relate to what Im goin thru rite now! :) Ya hoping that it wud get better soon

    Priya,
    Ya I know I gotta keep cool but its rather difficult (esp @ that moment!) But thanks fr ur kind words. Im hoping the weekend wud be better too! :)

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said…

    Oh sweety...You rise so early and have your hands and min in so many things. The forward you have here is very encouraging and lets leave things to God,things that involve us to worry. Indeed I can now see how difficult life is for a working Mom with 2 kids!!

    I have no advice to give as I am not anywhere close to the situation you are in but reading your woes is something I can do and hear you out! If that help sin some manner, I am glad!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Butterflies said…

    I understand your situtaion totally...but here i jus could say ...nothing is permanent...even problems!its all going to run away and u r going to be back to square one bubbly and rocking very soon!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger KK said…

    Oh! tough day!
    Well just take a deep breath. Try avoiding to let the situation to take control over you. While dealing with stubborn boss, just accept whatever crap is being told and once he finishes trying putting your point. If he still persists just give him some time and try putting your point in another way. This might cool you and your boss too.
    Children, are like that, dont let it take on your nerves. They are just children, stay cool and handle them.
    If you get too tensed, dont stop yourself from taking a timeout. Timeout surely eases situations.
    Have a nice weekend :)

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Vinesh said…

    take the best out of every situation..
    sounds like it's an easy thing to say.. but it's also easy to do..

    we just dont want to do it sometimes..

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger gayathri said…

    really a bad day..
    i don think i wud have managed it, so i better take "Ten Guidelines From God"

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Rajesh &Shankari said…

    TGI Friday, take a deep breath, a nice long shower and say nothing in the worls can bother me.. trust me it wont.
    Have a good weekend!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    You need a break..

    BTW: when my son is having a tantrum I always offer a hug, he settles a bit..and then we have a rational conversation..

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Syam said…

    it happens to everyone one or the otherday...luckily you have time to relax for next 2 days...have a wonderful weekend.. :-)

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger മര്‍ത്ത്യന്‍ said…

    inspirational !!!

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can understand whatever you have mentioned. When my son was small I went through this sort of situation. My husband was posted out of delhi (defence personnel)so it was so difficult to take care of small child, household work, office.

    So don't worry things will settle down after some time :-)

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its ok to screw up and let life flow ! :)

    oh well..what do I know!

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry abt ur day though..hope ur weekend holds the surprise twist!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Raghav said…

    nice list.. wonder how many of these we actually follow in our daily lives.
    as for your little kid, don't be mad at him.. let him enjoy. Once he grows up, he would end up in the daily grind, like all of us :-)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    "Just because I created the entire universe in only six days everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush." Perfect example of God's sense of humor, designed to make us happy and laugh!

    I am sorry you had a bad day my dear. I am reaching across the continents to give you a great big hug, and a nice massage to you temples for your headache.

    Can you feel it?

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger smiley said…

    Her Little Shadows

    by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown


    I saw a young mother
    With eyes full of laughter
    And two little shadows
    Came following after.

    Wherever she moved,
    They were always right there
    Holding onto her skirts,
    Hanging onto her chair.
    Before her, behind her-
    An adhesive pair.

    "Don't you ever get weary
    As, day after day,
    Your two little tagalongs
    Get in your way?

    She smiled as she shook
    Her pretty young head,
    And I'll always remember
    The words that she said

    "It's good to have shadows
    That run when you run,
    That laugh when you're happy
    And hum when you hum -
    For you only have shadows

    When your life's filled with sun."

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Shanthi said…

    :)
    :D

    Cheers,
    Shanthi...

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Vidya said…

    Sorry you had a bad day !! Sounds like a whole lot of crap ! May be following those 10 principles could help out a stressful person. Hope your week end turned out to be relaxing and good.

    Vidya

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger Loga said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Blogger Loga said…

    will pass on
    dont worry

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Ekta said…

    awww!
    Lovely post and can see ur frustation in the post itself!
    Life can be really really hard and frustating sometimes...especially when u think ur doing all u can and yet things are so outta control!
    Well I compltely relate to the feeling of lettng go off good job offers...am dealing with it too!
    All the best and hope ur week is better!

     
  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger geeth said…

    Hang in there.. You need soem time.. and it will al be okay! :)
    Just like your email, just remember that He is there for you :)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Anand said…

    hey,
    firstly kudos to u for being able to manage it all!
    But know what...most working women dont realise how important it is for them to take out time for themselves!...They almost get lost in the lives of their kids and hubby!
    So its in ur hands...pls do take out time to do things u want and like to do..no matter what!

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Keshi said…

    Im sorry to hear that ur going thru a rough time mate...just take it easy. The guidelines u have shared with us here is the best way to go abt it. Good luck n hugggggggggggz!

    Keshi.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Scribblez,
    Thanks a lot dear 4 ur sweet words! Yup trying to implement the same in life! :)

    Shuba,
    U r so rite....yes it is (hopefully) momentary.

    kk,
    Thats cool man! Will try to do so. Thanks fr the time out idea! :)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Vinesh,
    Welcome to my space! Wishing it were as easy as u said! Shall try to do so.

    Gayathri,
    Yup thats what Im doing...surrendering to God.

    Shankari,
    Thanks 4 the comforting words.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    sarah,
    Thanks fr the lovely suggestion! Shall try it out.

    Syam,
    Hmmm... ya right.

    Marthyan,
    Thanks & welcome 2my blog

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Saroj,
    Wow glad 2 note that u managed them all by urself! well done gal!

    Archana,
    Welcome to my blog. Thaks the weekend was good albeit no surprise!

    Raghav,
    Wow! U said it right pal. Shall try n be easy on him. Welcome to my blog.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Patty,
    Thats sooooo sweet of ya! Thanks dear. Hugzzzz

    Smiley,
    Absolutely beautiful. Thank u so much for sharing the same.

    Shanthi,
    :-)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Vidya & Loga,
    Thanks.

    Ekta,
    Thanks a lot my dear. Yup, hoping the days 2 come r much better!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Why Am I said…

    poor u...but look u survived!...cliched as it mite sound...we do need to count our blessings

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Geetha,
    Im holding onto Him for everything! :)

    Anand,
    Awww....thats soooooooo sweet of ya! sure will try to take a break from the rigmarole!

    Keshi,
    Thank u fr the lovely hugzz n kind words! :)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Vishnu said…

    hope you are out of blue now......

    tc

    Cheers
    :)

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger fritz said…

    hope your days will get better soon ;;)

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Harish said…

    Boy..You get me scared. You must be wonderful to carry all these problems around. Hats off madam!!!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    First time here!

    I can understand ur feelings. May be the change of job may do the trick!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger chitra said…

    V.sweet way to console yourself.

    Wish you all the best!

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Junius said…

    wow, even reading those 10 points made me feel better,
    looks like,ur son and i have something in common ;-)
    nice post :-)

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Protector,
    Yup I hope things are better now! :)

    Shine,
    Hope so too!

    Harish,
    sorry...was intending to scare anyone! Thanks for ur compliment

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Karthik,
    Welcome here & thanks for dropping by. That's what I thot also initially abt the job but unforutantely its not the right thing for me to do right now.

    Chitra,
    Thank u for the wishes.

    Endevourme,
    LOL! thanks. Ya I tend to read them to feel better too.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger srijithunni said…

    Beautiful, beautiful post..

    Once your children grow up, it will be much easier for you, but then you would wish they hadn`t grown and were still babies..

    Nice to see that you remembered to smell the roses first, inspite of the thorns..

    Way to go..!!

    With Best Regards,
    Srijith Unni.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Scoot said…

    i have been missing a lot in here while i was on vacation.it's great to see how you handle so much and for that I give you a huge pat on the back and very big bear hug :)

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger KC! said…

    That was a good one :), I mean the imaginary letter from God.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home