LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Converting threats to opportunities

I would like to share this with all my fellow bloggers & yes this is related to my previous post "Special".

I had dropped off my son @ this kiddies birthday party & he had to be picked within the next hour. Feeling lazy to drive back home & then coming shortly to fetch him, I thought it was a better idea to stick in the near by shopping mall. The original idea was to do only window shopping...but me being me...binged in the unwanted shopping spree!

The first (& the last that day!!) place I went to was this shoe shop. I have enough shoes but I am still shoe crazy! They seemed to have many different types of footwear that fancied me. But I told myself I shouldn't buy more than one at the most! After trying on the different pairs, I short listed them based on my likes, price, colour, design, comfort etc. In the end I just couldnt resist two of them. And I decided big deal, lemme just get them both! :D

The one in the pic was obviously the one I went for. However, what I fancied about it while buying was that it had a big beautiful (metal) flower inbetween with a big stone and it looked attractive to me. The very next day I wore it & was all excited. But my happiness was just too short lived cos the metal flower fell off....sob sob! And that left me with a ugly pair of ordinary black plain shoe.

I was too depressed cos I knew I wouldnt use that shoe the way it was & at the same time I didnt feel like using it cos it was new & I had shopped for it with much love and paid a good price too. What do I do?!

Meanwhile, the other pair I had bought was a fancy party wear one. I had worn it for a party & my friends admired it a lot & knowing that I'm into painting asked me casually, if I had painted it! Whoa! Then it struck me...oh yes! Then I also remembered how I had painted one of my canvas shoes whilst I was in school.

After that I just couldn't wait to get my hands on this ugly shoe! I just managed a quick half hour while my son was asleep & ventured into this. And the result u know already! :)

24 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Scoot said…

    you have lovely feet.so any shoe would look good on them
    i love shoes but i am yet to indulge

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger kuttichuvaru said…

    hmm... kaivasam thozhil irukku pola irukku!!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger KC! said…

    ennoda slippers kooda pinju thongardhu, enakaga konjam..he he

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger quills said…

    Hey..shopping at the nearby mall is always a good idea. :) Glad you enjoyed your retail therapy! Much needed and most docs highly recommend it. :))

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Talk about making lemonade out of lemons! Good Job!

    Now you are ready for a trip to Goodwill. You would be amazed at how many things you will find there to give new life to, for hardly any money out of pocket.

     
  • At 2:37 AM, Blogger geeth said…

    Real cool. Your are artistic, and it actually saved you the shoes.

    Hmm, wondering of doing any craft business ;)

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahaaaa....

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Maya,
    Thanx...u made my day! :D

    Kuttichuvaru,
    Ya y not? Officelaythu thorathitangana....enna panaradhu?! ;)

    Usha,
    No probs....sent it over...oru remake panni tharen! :)

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Dr Quills,
    Now I needn't go on guilt trips...thanx 2 ur advice! :)

    Patty,
    Ahh, thanx!

    Geetha,
    Good idea...infact it has always been in my mind....but with my 2 kidoos a bit difficult!

    Southpaw,
    :)

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger Loga said…

    gud work...

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Mind Curry said…

    hello dear :) you have just been tagged!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Loga,
    Thanks:)

    Mind Curry,
    Guess what I've also been tagged by Patty! Thankfully they rnt the same! I am (hopefully) gonna finish her tag today & after that I intend taking urs! So pls hang on till then.

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said…

    A Ca who takes care of her feet. i mean u have all the time n all
    i a ca too. n time wher is it ?
    lucky u . nice footwear too
    LOL

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger quills said…

    haha:)) ..well I am just a quack with no medical degrees. All I can claim is google knowledge of the medical world..but I hear many say retail therapy has provided them with much needed escape from stress that in turn has prevented many terrible diseases. :)

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Ekta said…

    heheh!
    For some reason I dont have any fetish for shoes!
    I mean for me will buy only If i need one!...but I still got 12 pairs I think!:-)

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Ajay,
    Thank u....talk abt time management to me!! I juggle up as many things as possible within the avlb time. :)

    Dr. Quills,
    I'll still call ya that way! Sounds good isnt it? Dr. Quills! So what if u rnt a real doc...I know few real docs who r as good as quacks. Atleast u come up with good practical remedies! LOL!

    Ekta
    See thats the 'female' shopping power! We do tend to buy unintentionally!!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger quills said…

    Wow..Thanks. :) It does sound nice. I am glad I can provide some relief. :))

    Now I wish I had really studied harder for those Entrance tests.

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger logic said…

    I thought lookin at the earlier post that it "has to be you".
    Now really it was you.
    good work.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger gayathri said…

    hey i've seen many ppl goin crazy for footwear, but i've never got a pair of shoes tat is good lookin, comfortable, affordable, durable.. :((

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Jackal said…

    has to be u....finally got to know the mysstery behind tht pair of shoes..good job :))) tccc

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger Known Stranger said…

    i wish i could revert back earlier to your comment, unfortunately i am so held up with work and today caught up in monday blues.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Quills,
    Maybe its still not too late! Infact my mom got her 'Doctor' qualification in her late fourties. Whilst I was studying for my CA she was studying for her (homeo)medicine!

    Logic,
    Logically yes it has to be me!

    Gayathri,
    Come shopping with me, maybe I can help ya! :)

    Jackal,
    Thank u :)

    Known stranger,
    Talk abt monday blues...yuck mondays suck!

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger quills said…

    Wow! That is great! By the way, congrats to your mom. She is one remarkable lady.

    But I guess, right now I am happy with my chosen profession and will stick to it. But one never knows right? :)

    How is your little hero after his recent b'day celebration? :)

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    Try posting now. I couldn't post either, but was just able to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home