LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hats off....

She is my angel
She is a star
She is my guide
And my best friend

She is so warm
And so full of love
She is so caring
And always there for me

She is right behind me
To prevent my fall
To hold me tight
So close to her heart

She is so supportive
So encouraging
So motivating
And inspiring

I am so thankful
Thankful to my dear God
For giving me the best
And its none but my MOM

Dedicated to my dear sweet mom on mother's day. Happy mother's day!

I would also like to dedicate it to my mom's sis who is also a mom to me. :)

The following is a beautiful forward that I received which I wanted to share with all moms & to be moms...

Before I was a Mom

Before I was a Mom
I made and ate hot meals.
I had unstained clothing.
I had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a Mom,
I slept as late as I wanted
And never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday

Before I was a Mom
I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words of lullabies.

Before I was a Mom
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations

Before I was a Mom
I had never been puked on
Pooped on
Spit on
Chewed on
Peed on
Or pinched by tiny fingers

Before I was a Mom I had complete control of:
My thoughts
My body
And my mind.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors
could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want
to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect
my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a Mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
Could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mom
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
Every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay
I had never known the warmth
The joy
The love
The heartache
The wonder
Or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom

I dedicate the above to my darling son & cutie daughter.

31 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger kuttichuvaru said…

    sweet :-)

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Rajesh &Shankari said…

    lovely one! Happy Mothers day to you. Sit back and relax that day, mom's deserve it!

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger geeth said…

    Happy Mother's Day to you..

     
  • At 3:01 AM, Blogger Me too said…

    Very advanced wish, huh? Anyway, Happy Mother's day!

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Blogger Vidya said…

    My mom is a huge fan of Mother's day ! :D She actually gets offended if I don't greet her. I used to regard Mother's day as a very western thing to do.

    I feel that my mom is great just about every other day !! And tell her not quite often , but yes , I do tell her !! So why celebrate Mother's day separately?
    :D That was my logic..

    Now I just greet her on that day because it makes her happy

    Vidya

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Kuttichuvaru,
    Dankie, Dankie! :)

    Shankari,
    Thankx. Happy mom's day 2 u 2.

    Geetha,
    Same 2 u.

    Me too,
    Just a couple of days in advance!

    Vidya,
    Thats cool. Wish ur mom from me too!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger quills said…

    Hello!:) That was a very sweet and beautiful little poem. Really enjoyed reading it. And Happy Mother day's wishes to your mom, your mom's sis, and you ofcourse. :) Hope you Moms have a fabulous day of fun and relaxation.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Vishnu said…

    Nice lines.. Very Advanced wish post anyhow advance Happy MoM's day to u and ur mom


    Cheers!
    :)

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Shanthi said…

    The words are too good and i could very much understand ur feelings : )

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Mind Curry said…

    excellent stuff..i agree, no other person in this world goes through the multitude of feelings and emotions a mother goes through.

    great!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Ekta said…

    :-))
    Have been reading so many sweet posts dedicated to dear mommies on mothers day and yet it never feels enugh!
    Lovely post--its never enugh and too late to say thx to the most important people in ur life!:-)

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Patty said…

    Being a mom, has been my best job ever, though no where near the easiest.
    Being a mom, was my greatest wish come true.
    Being a mom, is tied with being a wife, when it comes to what makes me happiest. Also, what fullfills me the most.
    Being a mom is everything I thought it would be, and oh so much more.
    Being a mom has been my greatest blessing and gift, and I thank God for my three blessings every day! (As well as ask him to keep them safe and protected.)

    Thank you for your post! And have a terrific mother's day, this Sunday, and everyday!

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Jackal said…

    'I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom' and i am sure after u became one u reliaze how much ur mom did for u..she becomse a lil more important too u..isn't it ?
    ..nice post ..tccc

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger KC! said…

    Happy Mother's day :) Nalla poems..

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Loga said…

    Very insightful post ..Gives me a glimpse of how a mom would feel

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Scoot said…

    i totally loved Before I was a MOM
    just loved it ...so full of emotion.
    I didn't come here earlier cos I am totally punctured,dear.
    I just joined a fitness class few days back and I can't tell you how tired I am feeling.Man!this might take days to get over with!phew!
    i have no energy left to blog.but once am back on my feet I'll be blogging major:)

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger gayathri said…

    intial part -> cool stuff..

    before i was a mom part -> no experience still i feel all of them are 100% true..

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger smiley said…

    good your post reminded me of mothers day. beautiful touching words...
    being a mom and having a mom ... enjoy ur mother's day :)

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Quills,
    Thank u v.much for those sweet kind words.

    Protector,
    Thank u fr the wishes

    Shanthi,
    Gr8 2 note the same:)

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Mind curry,
    Right being a mom has a lot to it.

    Ekta,
    U bet, thanks wudnt just suffice! :)

    Patty,
    Happy mother's day wishes 2 u 2.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Jackal,
    Yup, there is such a world of difference after u've ur children! :)

    Usha,
    Nandri! :)

    Loga,
    Best wishes 4 u to enjoy the joys of motherhood (whenever that be)

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Maya,
    Believe me its just the initial few days that u wldve all these aches n pains....I'm sure u b in fit n fine in a few days time. Keep up the pace!

    Gayathri,
    Im sure u wld still agree even after u experience the same! :)

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awwwwwwwwwww

    this is just so super sweet!!!

    :) I am happy!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Smiley,
    Thank u. Thats nice of u!

    Chandni,
    Thanx!I hope I shall post ur tag next! Cheers!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Known Stranger said…

    hmm mom... hmmm i am just trying to get the emotions in me.. mom.. hmm

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Known stranger,
    Did u suceed?

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Splendid.....

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanx my dearest baby. I am very lucky to get u as my daughter and u r the sweetest person on earth
    I love u so much and I know how much care u take for yr dear mom

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Southpaw,
    Thanks.

    Mom,
    As ever & always ur sweet daughter.

    Badri,
    U r in a way rite but for me I've always been a mom's gal!! :)

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Butterflies said…

    Hey..Happy mother's day....that was ttttttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Vineela said…

    Hi,
    Great poem.
    Lovely blog.
    Vineela

     

Post a Comment

<< Home