LOGIN TO MY WORLD

Welcome to my 'Blog' world, which is away from the real world. Get to see from my perspective & share yours with me.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Heights of Blogging

Warning - This is a fairly lengthy post & might not be of interest to all cos this is abt my kids! But I'm blogging about the same so that I can recall all the naughty things that my kids did/said in the years to come. Also they might laff abt it when they read abt themselves in the years to come! Thanks to I2w for this idea!:)Here S - refers to my 3 1/2 yr old son & D refers to my 10 1/2 mth old daughter. Read on if u r still interested.

Height of reward-
S - The innumerable hugs, kisses & appreciations I get from him.
D - The love bites I get all over my face when I return from office

Height of challenge-
S - Spiderman…wants to do everything that spiderman can!
D - Wants to do all things that her brother can do!

Height of dieting-
S - Food – no thanks…I’m allergic to it
D - Gimme all the tasty food u eat….not the boring tasteless cereals

Height of desperation-
S - Y cant I come to office with u?
D - U r going out & enjoying……Take me 2 pls.(Ps – Out is anything outside the door!)

Height of competition-
S - Mom to give all attn only to me & not any one else….not even to dad or sis.
D - My bro… grrrrr…………

Height of anger-
S - He is one helluva short tempered guy! Temper can rise within a fraction of a second! But good thing is it goes away quickly too!
D - When mom returns from office & doesn’t gimme enuff attn. esp when she’s busy. Also when mom’s going to office (or out) leaving me @ home.

Height of choice –
S - Yes anytime for coke, chips, chocolate & any other junk other than a proper meal
D - Anything new (toys, food etc) takes precedence to the older ones

Height of dadagiri –
S - A born Dada
D - Fast learning from her brother

Height of cruelty -
S – Loves to kill insects esp ants
D – Ignores her caretakers the moment she sees her parents

Height of frustration -
S - Used to bang his head on the floor as a toddler whenever frustrated
D - Tries to babble by speaking few words in baby language & with an expression as if – don’t u get me?

Height of creativity –
S - I was pleasantly surprised recently when I returned home to see a nicely arranged “golu” (arrangement of dolls done during the festive navarathri season) with his toys & books on the floor.

Height of copying –
S - (imaginary conversation with his friend over the phone) Speaking just like his dad…addressing his friend “machan” (meaning buddy) exactly the way his dad does!

Height of excitement –
S - When he gets a “surprise” (meaning a new toy etc) from parents for something that was “well done” by him.
D - Removing all the vessels from the kitchen cabinet.

Height of favouritism –
S - Rajinikant…he is just toooooo crazy abt him & his song “Devuda”. Also likes Shahrukh…all his Indian clothes (ie the kurta pyjama/sherwanis are called shahrukh khan dress!) And yes Amitabh impresses him too!
D – Just loves music…any song (bhajans, filmi, rhymes etc) can do the trick! :-)

Height of Bhakti –
S - We went for an Indian cultural programme where @ the entrance there was a lamp lit. He thot of it as the aarathi & put his hands over it & kept it over his eyes!

Height of imagination –
S -He loves to make up his own “real” stories! His friend Sanjay hadn’t been to school for over a week and this was our conversation –
Me – Did Sanjay come to school today?
He – No. His is down with cold
Me - Oh! How do you know?
He – His mom told me
Me – Where did u meet her?
He – At the hospital
Me – How did you go to the hospital?
He – With Teacher Celest!
And ofcourse none of the above was true! But he answered them all so spontaneously as if it had really happened that I wasn’t even sure for a minute!

Height of preaching –
S - Bosses around his little sister like the way we teach / preach him

Height of generosity –
S - Showers me with non-stop instantaneous genuine compliments – like – u r looking good in this dress, ur jewellery is it new – that looks damn good on u etc!

Height of embarrassment -
S - Asked me in front of few ppl – How did my baby sister come out of ur tummy?
D -I c any new person who comes home & start to cry as if they r torturing me

Height of chauvanism -
S - Y aren't u wearing a pottu (bindi) today? He also likes me wearing sarees cos he claims that I look very good in sarees. *And unfortunately Im not too fond of wearing sarees but seem to be wearing them (for festivals/functions etc only) cos of the special request from my son!)*

Height of possessiveness –
S - When my dad visited me a yr ago, he hugged me & said “My daughter”. He didn’t like it one bit & said no she’s MY daughter. Similarly if hubby says I’m his wife, he gets angry & says no she’s MY wife!

Height of logic –
S - He had learnt a new story in school and was telling me the story – “The thorn had poked the lion in his leg & the monkey removed the thorn for him.” As he had just got a part of the story, I was trying to get more out of him & asked him – “What did the lion do after the thorn had poked him?”
Prompt came the reply – “Ouch!”
I further asked – “How did the thorn poke the lion?”
He (spontaneously) – “Cos the lion was not wearing his shoes!!”

Height of irony –
D - When she cries for anything serious it always begins with a “ma” or “amma”. However when I ask her to call me amma, she wld refuse but instead blow kisses. I think she thinks amma means to kiss!

Height of appreciation –
D - When she does anything we tell her to do…like correctly point @ the fan, or do govinda, or saying bye bye, she has to appreciate herself immediately by clapping her hands with a BIG smile & appreciate herself.

49 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    S& D seem to be very adorable cute little tots. I would say,even the simplest act sounds so inspiring.Have a great weekend with your cutie pies...:)

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger srijithunni said…

    Had a nice time reading this, has to be me..!
    Children are always special, and especially when they are one`s own.. you couldn`t possibly have described them in a better way here..
    The Height of Imagination part was really funny.. :)
    My regards to your children!

    With Best Regards,
    Srijith Unni.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Sreejith Panickar said…

    But I'm blogging about the same so that I can recall all the naughty things that my kids did/said in the years to come.

    Good disclaimer notice... The piece above seemed to be a very interesting idea.... A very interesting post! :-)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Shruti said…

    its nice reading ur blog...

    god bless ur kids..

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can relate the imagination piece to our daughter. she also makes up lots of stories that sometimes it is difficult to believe what is true or not. I will do research on it and will do a post myself. great idea. the golu idea is very creative for a kid to do. i think each of the height can make for a separate blog by you in detail :) my daughter also used to think kuttuvillaku as arthi in the livermore temple, when she was younger. and she does namaskarams everywhere (no care for directions) in the temple.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger mommyof2 said…

    hey nicely done:-) My son & dau does what u mentioned in height of copying & appreciation :-)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Mukund said…

    really enjoyed reading all this! both of them just seem adorable :)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Lera,
    Thank u v.much my dear! U too have a good weekend!

    Srijith,
    Thank u fr ur kind words & generous wishes

    Sreejith,
    Welcome to my blog. Thanks

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Shruthi,
    Welcome to my space & thanks for the good wishes.

    Amimu,
    Thats so sweet to note abt ur daughter too. Children make our lives so much more lively & fun filled isnt it?

    mommy,
    Good 2 note that!

    Vakil,
    Thankie!

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    //Height of imagination –
    S -He loves to make up his own “real” stories!// paathengala unga son'num enna maadhiri dhaan.... :))

    //Height of dadagiri –
    S - A born Dada
    D - Fast learning from her brother // ROTFL :))

    wow u've got 2 adorable kids... :)) live wires too... hee hee

    and no std. deductions this time... :D

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Syam said…

    that was very interesting to read and know about your little cuties...really surprised to see your son's spontaneous replies...omg even we have to take a while before answering the questions where we don't know answers... :-)

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger KK said…

    That was a very sweet post HTBM. Both your son and daugther are so adorable. I am seeing each of the traits in my newphews (slightly elder to your kids) :)
    //He thot of it as the aarathi & put his hands over it & kept it over his eyes!
    // This is very cute. :)
    Well Rajinikanth and Amitabh were my heros when I was young :) I guess guys get attracted to action. Head banging on floor... Way to go buddy!! You got one more guy here :) Wish I can become a kid again :)

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Blogger Rajesh &Shankari said…

    AWWW chho chweet!

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Blogger Jayashree said…

    So..........sweet. Loved reading this. I felt like I could relate to it even more 'coz i have a 9 mth old daughter.

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Ganesh Ranganathan said…

    This is one of the cutest posts I have read on anyone's blog...

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its really really soooooooo cute! Just loved it! The best was your little son's height of bhakti, it was cho chweet!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Itchingtowrite said…

    lol height of imagination, creativity & copying the machan bit!! so cute. ur kids sound very adorable!! thanks for taking up the tag

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger The Boss (:D) said…

    awww! bloody cute! wasnt boring in the least bit!

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger SeePearrl said…

    thats was simply awesome...hilarious :P

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger How do we know said…

    CHO CHWEET!! Very, very sweet post.. and your son seems to be really fond of you :-)

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Sunil Parashar said…

    Amazing Kids!!!! really.... :)

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    I loved reading about your little ones. You are right, this is a keeper for when they get older and want a good laugh.

    Not too long ago a video tape of my youngest learning to ride a bike surfaced. This in itself would have been cute, but the fact that leaning to ride was a tramtic, tearful experience for her made it all the funnier today. At least she thought so, I felt kind of bad watching me make her try it again when she wanted to stop. Once she learned, we couldn't get her off the darn thing, and she forgot the fear/pain of the moment.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger smiley said…

    lol....

    Height of possessiveness –
    S - When my dad visited me a yr ago, he hugged me & said “My daughter”. He didn’t like it one bit & said no she’s MY daughter. Similarly if hubby says I’m his wife, he gets angry & says no she’s MY wife!

    we solve this problem slightly different... he goes to my mom... and i go to his mom... :)

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Pranay said…

    This post was just so sweet. ur kids are so adorable...
    Really made me remeber my childhood. And D reminded me of my younger sis.
    Damn sweet.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Itchingtowrite said…

    hi . the tag of 3 questions is up

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Junius said…

    i dont think it was boring, was good infact
    keep writing like dis :-)

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Innocent Devil....Yet not so innocent ;) said…

    This was simply awesome yaar...I suddenly missed my kiddo..He is in kerala with my parents while iam at Bangalore...Anyway my loving kisses to ur kids

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger prithz said…

    OMG!!! That was soo bloody cute!!! Loved readin it!!! :)

     
  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Keshi said…

    Cute post and ur kids r too adorable! If I was there I'd always play with them...cos I love cute kids :)

    **Rajinikanth

    lol didnt he kill Newton?

    Keshi.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger starry said…

    You have adorable kids.thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Artnavy said…

    so cute

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    GG,
    As long as he doesnt exaggerate too much its kinda fine! This age all this is fun too!

    Syam,
    Puli 8 adi pancha, kutti 16 adi payithuppa! ;)

    kk,
    u cud always be a kid @ heart!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Shankari,
    Thanks!

    Jayashree,
    Welcome 2 my blog. Nice 2 note that our daughters r abt the same age!

    Ganesh,
    Thanks fr the lovely compliment!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Shakhi,
    Thanks...ya I was also damn surprised to see him do that!

    I2W,
    Thanks 2 u fr the lovely idea!

    Boss,
    Gr8 2 note that! :D

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    WF,
    Thanx!

    HDVK,
    Glad 2 note that u enjoyed the same.

    Sunil,
    Thanks pal

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Patty,
    Nice 2 read abt ur youngest!

    Smiley,
    LOL! Good solution!

    Pranay,
    Welcome 2 my space. Good 2 note the same.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Aditi,
    :)

    I2w,
    Will check it out soon.

    Appu,
    So I think u shd blog abt the same. Isnt it?

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Endevourme,
    Thanks

    vsv,
    Glad that u enjoyed the same. U shd also post abt ur kiddo sometime. I know it can be painful to be away from them.

    Prithz,
    :)

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Keshi,
    Thanks girl! LOL@ rajini & newton...yup have read that fwd! thats really funny!

    Starry,
    Thank u dear

    Art,
    :)

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    damn cute!!
    hope they're both rocking :)

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger geeth said…

    Simply adorable. I love those thoughts of yours on your children. Thanks for sharing :)

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Janani said…

    Cute kids.. Must be enjoying the life with them.. I knew I used to jump to my mother when she comes back from office and ask her to sing "Govinda". That is what according to me the attention I really want.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Shanthi said…

    i liked the possessiveness part : ))

    "amma"kkum "umma"kkum vidhyaasam theriyaama valarraalaa unga ponnu ; )

    undoubtedly i enjoy reading abt ur kids :D

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Amrita said…

    o you needn't give that warning in the first para to intimidate pple. it was a mind blowing post. loved to read each bit of it. it was soooooo sweet....innocently sweet of them S and D. Say them they have a fan, an admirer here

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Deekshanya said…

    one of the best posts i've ever read.. so true and so spontaneous.. loved every line of it.. You must be a proud mom I should say! I have a naughty fella at my home too aged 1.
    -Deeksh

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Arunkumar said…

    very cute kids... i cud sense the enthu of a mom when i read that !!!

    //
    Me – Did Sanjay come to school today?
    He – No. His is down with cold
    Me - Oh! How do you know?
    He – His mom told me
    Me – Where did u meet her?
    He – At the hospital
    Me – How did you go to the hospital?
    He – With Teacher Celest!
    //

    At 27, i am still trying to grab this power :)
    Will be useful when i get married , i guess ;-)

    Very very good post. Keep them pouring !!!

    -Arun

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very good web site!

    how to lose body fat fast


    rapid weight loss pills


    See you soon!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home